Monday 28 July 2008

SAFIA SAIFI Pajhwalk news agency Photo Journalist

SAFIA SAIFI Pajhwalk news agency Photo Journalist

SAFIA SAIFI
Safia Saifi 25, daughter of Babi from central Parwan province has bachelor in
Sociology and philosophy faculty of Kabul University. I have begun working as photographer for different magazines and media outlets in the capital Kabul since two years.
I studied camera work at Kardan Institute of Higher Education through World Bank afterwards for one year I attended photography training by local and international trainers in Aiena and presently I am photojournalist and photographer in Pajhwok Afghan News one of the leading media organizations in Afghanistan.
I want to attend local and international photo exhibitions, have pictures from across the globe and nice shots of the nature. I want to reflect realties of my country, people and the incidents through pictures to the outward world; most of my work is related to women and children issues. I want to display the reconstruction and development achievements in my country I have exhibited my photos in different group exhibitions and have several times received appreciations and certificates of merit from local and international photojournalists.
In an international competition in Spain last year, one of my pictures received third award among 200 photos from 115 countries. It was really a good achievement for me and my fellow workers and countrymen in the field. As an Afghan girl, I really feel proud to have successfully made my country the third award winning country in an international competition.
At last, I express gratitude to all my trainers both local and international especially to kind and nice Ustad Fardin Waezi who encouraged and supported me in this field.

No comments: